These little Gluten-Free Marshmallow Snowmen are an adorable treat for kids.
There are a few ways to make these snowmen: I’ve seen them attached to cookies and cupcakes as well. I made these last year for Spud’s kindergarten class and they were a big hit! I chose to take my chances with wooden skewers because there were dietary needs in the classroom that wouldn’t allow me to use any products with a certain protein or gluten.
The good news is that nobody poked their eyes out☺
Gluten-Free Marshmallow Snowmen
- 1 bag marshmallows
- Royal icing
- Wooden Kabob sticks
- Decorative items such as fruit leather for the scarf’s, sour candies for the hands and starburst for the hats and edible balls for the nose.
- Layer 3 marshmallows onto each skewer.
- Unwrap starburst and attach to the top of the skewer then top with sour candy to form a hat.
- Insert 1 toothpick into the middle marshmellow and attach sour candies for hands.
- Cut scarves and bow ties from fruit leather; tuck under head.
- Dye royal icing and pipe eyes, mouth buttons.
- Use royal icing to attach an orange edible ball for the nose.
*Be sure to read the candy ingredients carefully, making sure there is no gluten*
Looking for more Christmas treats that are easy and kid friendly? Be sure to sign up for my newsfeed and check out Peanut Florentine Bars, Chocolate Bark Bites, Pink Peppermint Cupcakes, Chocolate Chip Crisps, Grand Marnier Fudge Bites, Reindeer Snack Mix and Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes.