So I picked up a bunch of gorgeous figs. Daddy Diva loves to just eat them whole but I wanted to serve up a special treat for the family. Enter Gordon Ramsay’s version of Caramelised Figs. OMG.
They are so pretty I couldn’t stop taking pictures…
Figs covered in a toffee syrup with balsamic and butter. Yum.
Exquisite Caramelized Figs
- 8 firm, ripe figs
- 2 tbs. icing sugar
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 stick of butter, cut
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees.
- Place figs in a bowl and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Drizzle about 1 tbs. of balsamic vinegar of them then roll the figs in the icing sugar and balsamic to make sure they are well covered.
- Melt the caster sugar in an oven proof dish or frying pan over a low heat. The sugar will melt and turn a deep caramel color.
- Be careful not to stir the sugar as it will crystallize.
- Add the knobs of butter, stirring carefully to combine.
- Add the other tbs. of balsamic and 1 tbs. of water. Carefully taste – the sauce is hot – and add a little more vinegar if the sauce needs more tang, or a little more water if the sauce is too thick.
- Add the figs and gently baste with the liquid.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Baste the figs a couple of times during cooking.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipping cream or ice cream.