And now for dessert… Peach Crisp. Yum, yummy, delicious and yum again.
We are in the last days of summer right now and I find myself surrounded by an abundance of peaches. When you bake this fantastic dessert, your house will smell phenomenal and it will take you massive amounts of self control to just eat one serving. In fact, you might want to make two of these so that you can eat one by yourself… this is great stuff.
Onto the best peach crisp EVER: HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND!
First, start with making your sugar coating for the peaches.
Next, coat the peaches in the sugar, vanilla and flour mixture.
Place the peaches into the casserole dish and then make the topping. Your butter should be cut into small slices so that it can be added easily to the topping mixture (the butter is what makes the topping crisp up during baking).
Place the topping on top of the peaches and then place it into a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
The last step is to serve it with vanilla ice-cream! Enjoy!!!
End of Summer Peach Crisp
- 6 peaches, sliced (I keep the skin on but peeling them is optional)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbs. sugar in the raw
- 1 cup plus 3 tbs. whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks or 1 cup of butter, cold, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a casserole dish
- In a bowl, combine peaches, vanilla, sugar in the raw and 3 tbs. flour.
- Toss gently to combine
- Pour peaches into a casserole dish
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining flour, oats and brown sugar.
- Add butter and using your hands, crumble
- Pour topping over peaches
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Serve A La Mode with vanilla ice-cream! Enjoy!