This recipe for healthy Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies is adapted from a favorite blog of mine: Smoothie Lover . I enjoy making Chocolate Crisps but I wanted to make a healthier version of them. I played around with ingredients and just couldn’t get the recipe right…and then I stumbled upon Smoothie Lover’s recipe and BAM! So delicious!
Here’s what so great about this recipe:
My kids loved them.
My husband loved them.
I loved them.
Everyone was happy with these healthy cookies!
Start by collecting your ingredients.
Melt the coconut oil. I use the microwave and heated it in 10 second increments, stirring after each one until it was smooth.
Next, get the ingredients ( except cranberries) into the bowl and stir it all around until it’s well combined.
Now add the cranberries.
The nice thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to use cranberries, instead you can try raisons, apricots, chocolate chips or really anything else that tickles your fancy.
Drop them onto the cookie sheet and place them into the oven for 15-20 minutes. These cookies are delicate and I burned the first batch of them because I wasn’t paying attention. So don’t be like me, check on them at 15 minutes and then keep a close eye on them.
Oh yum, that’s all I can really say.
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 cups instant oatmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 4 tbsp. dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix the oatmeal, baking powder, salt, honey and coconut oil. Add in cranberries and then the water. Mix well.
- Using your hands ,make cookie balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake them in the oven for 15- 20 minutes.
- Cool them on a wire rack and enjoy!!