Last night, my friend Shelby hosted a “Girls Night In” wine and food party. Spending an evening talking amongst wonderful women about a variety of topics, from healthy eating to how to make homemade chicken fingers was fun and inspiring and exactly what Meal Diva is all about. I loved every minute of the party and everyone was so kind and genuine. There was some fantastic food served: appetizers that were not only healthy but zesty, saucy and savory as well! It was truly a “Diva” party and I had such an incredible time! Thank you to all the lovely ladies of Tewksbury that came out to celebrate!
Amongst them was my friend Lisa, who brought her famous chocolate covered strawberries. They were amazing: so mouthwatering, sweet and crisp. In fact, I’ve been thinking about them all day. Inspired by Lisa, here is how to make some of your own healthy berries:
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 container of strawberries (about 25) with stems
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) dark chocolate, chopped
- Rinse the strawberries and lay them out on paper towel to dry.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof medium bowl.
- Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat (don’t boil the water it might burn the chocolate)
- Turn off the heat and set the bowl of chocolate over the water to melt.
- Stir until smooth.
- Holding each strawberry by the stem, dip the bottom half of each strawberry in the chocolate.
- Twist the strawberry so that the chocolate doesn’t drip then set it on the parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining strawberries. Enjoy!