Peanut and I are Gluten-free. It’s a life style change that we were both forced to make in February and while I am at peace with it, my 9 year old is not. She misses breakfast. When I say breakfast, I mean egg and cheese sandwiches, tasty french toast, Belgium waffles and other sweet deliciousness. The other day she requested a french toast breakfast bake and this is how I answered her wish –
This is a crave-able Gluten-Free Berry Breakfast Bake with maple syrup.
Everybody in my house LOVED this recipe and it’s simply perfect for breakfast or brunch- it’s hearty, sweet, satisfying and easy to make in advance. Enjoy!
Stupidly Delicious and Gluten-Free Berry Breakfast Bake
• 2 Gluten-free baguettes, crusts removed, bread cut into 1-inch pieces
• 4 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes (about 1 cup)
• 1 cup (each) fresh or frozen blueberries and strawberries , divided
• 8 eggs, beaten
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1/4 cup maple syrup plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a square baking dish.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the dish. Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and half of the berries over the bread.
- Top with remaining bread cubes and berries.
- Combine eggs, milk, maple syrup and butter in a large bowl and pour over bread mixture.
- Bake or 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares to serve. Serve with additional maple syrup.
- Can be prepared the night before, and baked before serving.