Eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce: the perfect brunch recipe. Silky eggs are the perfect companion to the spicy tomato sauce. It’s like heaven & hell all wrapped up in deliciousness!
This dish was inspired by Whitehouse Station Hot Sauce Company and, in my opinion, the more heat the better!
Spicy Eggs in Purgatory
- 1 (14oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbs. Whitehouse Station Hot Sauce
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbs. Parmesan cheese
- Crusty Bread, toasted for dipping
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Next, add onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and hot sauce and let it come to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Crack eggs, one by one, into a small dish them slip them into the tomato mixture.
- Partially cover skillet with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Keep an eye on the eggs as the timing may vary depending on how runny you like them.
- Remove eggs from skillet, scoop out extra sauce and start dipping!