It’s summer and I often find myself out and about with the kids – running to and from camps, park playdates and the pool. Aside from doing my best to keep them hydrated, I also try and keep their bellies full of healthy snacks and lunches. I don’t know about you, but if I didn’t take the time to pack some healthy grub, I’d be hitting the fast food window constantly!!
Here’s a list of my 15 favorite portable snacks to grab and go!
What do you like to pack for a busy day on the go? Leave a comment below!
- 4oz applesauce cups ( unsweetened)
- Cut up raw veggies like celery, sugar snap peas and cucumbers.
- One hard-boiled egg
- Small bag of grapes ( cut in half if you have small children)
- Small bag of trail mix
- Apple, orange, pear or banana
- Single serve box of high fiber cereal
- 12 unsalted almonds
- String cheese
- Small bag of popcorn ( low salt or homemade)
- Homemade apple muffins or banana bread
- 4oz plain yogurt
- Small bag of homemade granola
- Homemade granola bars
If you like these snack ideas, be sure to check out my other healthy snacking suggestions.